Thursday, July 17, 2008

sweet darling, come hold me/she & him & me

i'm starting to think that if i had gone to high school with zooey deschanel i would have cut bangs much sooner.

i also kind of think that i would have followed her around, copied her every move and possibly made a shrine. people would tease me, for being, well, a carbon copy, but i could have handled it. i definitely would have said, "the hell with rebellion" and picked up the guitar just so we could play duets. and i probably wouldn't have minded spending major dollars on voice lessons, since i am not as talented as my mother, let alone, zooey. my life could have been totally different.

but alas, i went to independent study for high school. rats.

at least there is why do you let me stay here which has me shimmy-ing down the sidewalk, flashing precious smiles, and twirling this way and that in my improvised "i went to high school with zooey" fashion.

No comments: